Retired / Student Membership
NZ$40.00 (no journal included)
Organisation Membership Option A
NZ$250.00 (2 journals and up to 3 event attendees)
Organisation Membership Option B
NZ$450.00 (4 journals and 4-7 event attendees)
About the New Zealand Chapter of ANZELA
Our association brings together many different professionals interested in education and the law, and the interface between the two – principals, boards of trustees, lawyers, academics, government organisations and teacher unions.
Having the opportunity to get together with all the different groups involved in this area increases our understanding of the complex environment we share. It gives us a forum for discussion and debate on, amongst other things, how to improve the way the legal system deals with education issues, and the way education professionals apply the law to their everyday situations.
You can download and print the ANZELA Membership form 2019.
Once complete send it with your payment to:
ANZELA NZ Chapter Secretary
PO Box 533
ANZELA seeks to:
- encourage research, study, discussion and writing about issues on laws relating to education;
- organise and stimulate participation in conferences and meetings on law and education ;
- promote publication of articles, newsletters, journals and other literature for the purpose of these objectives;
- collaborate with others on the laws relating to education and affiliate with like associations; and
- develop policies on the laws relating to education.
The benefits of ANZELA (NZ) membership include:
- the New Zealand ANZELA Update, an email newsletter focused on the NZ education sector. It covers
- recent news, opinion pieces, information and updates relevant to NZ members;
- a reduced registration fee for the annual conference, held mostly in Australia but in New Zealand every four years. In 2020 it will be held in Wellington in September;
- reduced fee for NZ Chapter seminars;
- the opportunity to apply for three competitive scholarships offered by ANZELA;a subscription to ANZELA’s International Journal of Law & Education;
- access to links to other organisations; and
- the ANZELA website (http://www.anzela.edu.au) which provides general information including information about the chapters, seminars and events.
Please contact us if you would like more information on the Association and upcoming activities.
0210 67 42 47