NZ$110.00 (journal included)
NZ$50.00 (journal included)
NZ$40.00 (no journal included)
Organisation Membership Option A
(2 journals and up to 3 event attendees)
Organisation Membership Option B
(4 journals and 4-7 event attendees)
About the New Zealand Chapter of ANZELA
Our organisation brings together many different professionals interested in education and the law, and the interface between the two.
Having the opportunity to get together with all the different groups involved in this area increases our understanding of the different dynamics involved and gives us a forum for discussion and debate on, amongst other things, how to improve the way the legal system deals with education issues, and the way education professionals apply the law to their everyday situations.
You can download and print the NZ Membership form 2022.pdf.
Once complete send it with your payment to:
ANZELA NZ Chapter Secretary
PO Box 533
The objectives of ANZELA are to:
- Promote and encourage research, study, discussion, writing and/or dissemination of information about issues on laws relating to education;
- Organise and stimulate participation in conferences and meetings on the laws relating to education ;
- Promote publication, publish or cause to be published articles, newsletters, journals and other literature for the purpose of these objectives;
- Co-operate and exchange information with bodies (corporate or otherwise) and persons, on the laws relating to education;
- Affiliate with like associations; and,
- Develop policies on the laws relating to education.
The benefits of ANZELA (NZ) membership include:
- The New Zealand ANZELA Update, an email newsletter focused on the NZ education sector. It includes recent news, opinion pieces, information and updates relevant to NZ members.
- A reduced registration fee for the annual conference, held mostly in Australia but in New Zealand every four years. In 2021 it will be held in South Australia in September/October.
- Reduced fee also for chapter seminars, held at various venues throughout New Zealand.
- The opportunity to apply for two competitive scholarships offered by ANZELA.
- a scholarship of up to AUS$3,000 (or NZ equivalent) awarded annually to enable attendance and presentation of a paper at an education and law conference. It is expected that the recipient will subsequently submit their paper for publication in the International Journal of Law & Education; and
- an award of AUS$2,000 (or NZ equivalent) known as the Dr Ann Shorten Doctoral Award for the best doctoral thesis in the area of education and law. This award is to enable the recipient to attend and present their research to an ANZELA conference.
- The opportunity to apply for all or part of an annual grant of NZ$2,000 offered by the NZ chapter, to fund or partially fund members’ attendance at relevant courses and conferences or to support appropriate research projects. For further information contact the Secretary.
- A subscription to ANZELA’s International Journal of Law & Education.
- Access to links to other organisations such as the US Education and Law Association, the European Education and Law Association, the South African Law and Policy in Education Association, the Canadian Association of Law and Education, and the Australasian Law Teachers Association.
- The ANZELA website (http://www.anzela.edu.au) which provides general information including information about the chapters, seminars and events.
The New Zealand chapter of ANZELA organises workshops and meetings as well as the international conference when it is held in NZ.
The committee holds regular meetings and welcomes new faces and new ideas to strengthen the Association and the provision of services to our members. Please contact us if you would like more information on the Association and upcoming activities.
President NZ Chapter
0210 67 42 47
About ANZELA NZ 2022 (PDF Version)