Update 24/08/2021 - Due to the co-vid situation in NZ and the current lockdown restrictions, the organising committee has decided to postpone the mini conference to be held Monday 6 September 2021. The committee will contact those already registered to attend.
We lost our conference last year to Covid 19. This year we offer you a one-day mini-conference and the chance to explore, debate and discuss emerging issues in the education law arena. The keynote speaker will be Professor Taiarahia Black (Ngai Tuhoe, Te Whānau ā Apanui, Ngāti Tuwharetoa, Ngai Te Rangi) - Te Whare Wānanga o Awanuiārangi and Massey University.
The programme will include sessions on:
- Responses to the problem of contract cheating – Trevor Weir – Massey University
- Learning from being the largest educational Covid 19 cluster in the 2020 pandemic – and the legal ramifications of this – Genevieve Brown – Auckland
- Tikanga Māori and the design of alternative dispute resolution processes – Baden Vertongen (Ngāti Raukawa ki Te Tonga) Lawyer and Mediator – Wellington
- Working with parents in conflict with the school: strategies for de-escalating concerns and complaints - Heather Murdoch, Trollope & Co – Christchurch
- Under the radar: the principals’ stories – Fi McMillan, Anderson Lloyd – Dunedin
- Members’ Forum and poster session: Future developments for ANZELA NZ